Tuesday, August 25, 2009

BALLS!

It happened. I overslept for work.

I mean, how could I not? I didn't fall asleep til 5 freaken 30 in the morning. Thank goodness my co-workers text woke me up... 25 minutes after I was supposed to be in the office! Well, it happens to all of us; I'm sure many could attest.

So after working a measly 2.5 hours and taking a 3 hour nap, I am now dosing up on some off-brand ibuprofen PM with a cup of hot tea hoping this will do the trick. Game plan for tomorrow: Math, work, hit up the rec, dinner with my amazing co-workers, followed by a night of relaxation (just trying to soak up the last bit of it before all my classes begin). We'll see if that plan fizzles out or not. My life is subject to change by the minute these days (which really means I'm having trouble following through with plans lately... it's a characteristic of myself that sprouts from time to time, and I've learned to accept it and roll with the punches).

This tea is really yummy, and I have my new roomie to thank for it. Starbucks Tazo "Zen" tea, I believe it what it's called. Delicious. If only my ceiling fan wasn't cooling it down so fast.

Anyways, I really feel like rambling tonight. Not sure why. Oh, I tried "cake balls" for the first time tonight at Jacy's. Um, let me just say that whoever came up with this recipe is an absolute genius. They are super moist and delectable. I'm going to a bridal shower over Labor Day weekend where we bring a recipe to share with the bride, and I believe this is the one! Perfect, right? Wedding? Cake? Cake balls? Yea? I think so! Here's the "scoop" on these scooped-out bites-o-cake:

Bake a cake- any kind.
While warm, crumble it up in a bowl.
Add in a whole canister of icing- any kind that goes well with the cake you chose.
Mix well.
Refrigerate in bowl.
Use a melon scoop to scoop out balls of the cake and icing mixture.
Dip individual balls in melted almond bark or chocolate and place on wax paper.
Decorate as you wish.
Refrigerate.
Indulge.

http://www.cakeballs.com <-- Perfect little gift to send your sweet-toothed lover, friend, family member or co-worker. OR, you could try making a home-made batch of your own for them! Now wouldn't that be sweet...

And with that I leave you something for a Tasty Tuesday.
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment