Monday, July 13, 2009

Concert Craving

I was sad to discover yesterday that I have lost my precious iPod. Somewhere between unplugging it from my car adapter, plugging my friends iPhone in, and switching out who's in the driver's seat, it ran away from me. Now I'm in a pickle. What am I going to go on my bike rides with? What am I going to listen to on my long drives across Texas? What about those walks across campus? My music was the only thing that kept me from thinking about the hundred degree heat baking my shoulders and causing me to break out in a very much unwanted sweat on my way to work. What to do.... Eventually I will have to break down and purchase a new one... With the money I really don't have.

On the flip side, I'm really wanting to go to a concert and fulfill this massive craving I'm having to stand in the middle of a crowd and sing at the top of my lungs. Oh, the bliss of this thought. Unfortunately, Sherwood, one of my favorite bands, wont be making their way to Texas until the fall, though they're currently touring with Copeland in many surrounding states. I'd love to head to Little Rock on the 23rd to hear them play, and become better introduced to the lulling sound of Copeland, but I'm not quite sure if it can work. My cousin's wedding rehearsal is the following day and the parentals are worried about my returning to Fort Worth safely (and timely). I personally don't see anything to worry about, but I think I give them enough stress with my spur-of-the-moment hit-the-road-and-go decisions that maybe just this once I'll be patient and wait for Sherwood's arrival to Texas at a better date. But let me just say that I will NOT be happy if whatever day they make it here is a day I MUST be in class, at work, or fulfilling some other responsibility I have. Let's hope it all works out. In the mean time, if anyone knows of any sweet concerts coming up that are a more feasible option (distance-wise from College Station, that is) I would really appreciate suggestions or invitations. I'm game for hearing new artists, or old, and prefer something non-country.

My friend from back home, Jena-Claire, just told me about two great songs: Trouble by Nevershoutnever! and La Mar by The Beautiful Girls. I'm thoroughly enjoying them on my iTunes but saddened that I have no iPod to take them in the car with me. My roommate and great friend Jacy just got me hooked on Electric Feel by MGMT for anytime I want to pretend I'm in a drugged, disco daze and Pandora Radio gave me a friendly reminder that Dark Blue by Jack's Mannequin puts me in a really good mood and makes me want to go running. Hopefully the great suggestions and discoveries keep on coming, and when they do I'll be sure to share them with you!

For Music Mondays,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment